Oakland Raiders defensive back Nnamdi Asomugha is on crutches as a precaution after spraining his ankle on Sunday. Coach Cable said that it was only a sprain and wouldn't know more until Wednesday.
He hurt his ankle on a third and ten play in the fourth quarter. He had coverage on Mike Williams down the sidelines and he made the play to ensure the pass was incomplete, but turned his ankle as he landed.
If Asomugha is unable to play against the Chiefs, Chris Johnson will start in his place with Jeremy Ware again playing the nickle as he did against Seattle.
In other injury news:
- Chris Johnson passed his concussion test and will play on Sunday.
- Samson Satele has a minor knee sprain and is expected to play on Sunday.
- Zach Miller still has a sore foot and is expected to play on Sunday.
- Darrius Heyward-Bey has a sore shoulder and is expected to play on Sunday.
- Bruce Gradkowksi is improving and could be healthy enough to go on Sunday.
- Travis Goethel is expected to the be healthy enough to play for the first time.
- Thomas Howard is expected to return from his knee injury.
- John Henderson is improving, and is possible that he will be able to return on Sunday.
- Chaz Schilens is making progress, but not expected to be ready by Sunday.